Why do you need to burn PS3 game to Blu-ray disc?
- PS3 games is a piece of high designed technology which contained high definition quality and superb graphic element which cost your around $50 -$200 to get one on market. If your Ps3 games disc gets scratches and not able to play then you need to squeeze your wallet just to buy a brand new one to replace it.
- Nowadays many people is wondering how they can make copies & backup of their favorite PS3 games. So burning PS3 game to Blu ray disc has become a hot topic online.
In order to make a backup games you need to install a software but if you want to burn a backup disc you must require a genuine Blu ray games burner to get the job done. Many PS3 users have taken the simple route and purchased software capable of bypassing protections to copy games. With the copy software application, PS3 user not need to installing any external mod-chip and get potential void your PS3 warranty. You will need to use special game copy software instead of the standard CD/DVD burning program in order to copy PS3’s more advanced Blu ray discs.
How to burn a PS3 game to Blu ray disc:
Before burning PS3 game to Blu ray disc(BD), you need to do the following:
1. Your original PS3 gaming disc
3. DiscBOOT generate two PKGs.
4. Blank Blu ray Disc: BD-25, BD-50
5. Blu-ray Burner – Burn PS3 games to your Blu-ray disc
Step 1: Copy PS3 to hard drive of your computer with MultiMAN
Download MultiMAN (Base v04.78.03), which is very easy to use and does more than just backup games to your PS3.
- Start multiMAN and insert the original PS3 game disc
- Create a backup of the game to:
– If game contains files bigger than 4GB -> INTERNAL HDD
– If game doesn’t contain files bigger than 4GB -> internal or external
- Transfer the backup copy to your PC (if game contains 4GB+ files you may have to use FTP)
At this point you should have the PS3 game backup on your PC with all files 1:1 (no split files!)
If you want to read the more detailed instruction and steps, you can read the tutorial How to backup PS3 games to Hard Drive?
Step 2. Drag DiscBOOT Generate two PKGs
Download DiscBOOT (Windows tool), which let you backup any PS3 game to a DVD or Blu-ray disc… and generate wto PKGs, one for 3.41 and the other for 3.55 CFW/MFW, effectively letting you play said game on your hacked console.
- Drag & Drop PS3_Game folder (the game you want to play) to discBOOT.exe
- The tool will create a folder with 3 files:
– PKG for 3.41
– PKG for 3.55
– TXT with instructions
Step 3: Burn the game to Blu-ray disc
Download Leawo Blu-ray Creator, launch it on your computer. Put a blank Blu-ray disc into your Blu ray driver.
You can also burn PS3 Games to DVD disc with a burning software like PowerISO, IMGBURN or DVD Burner.
Open Blu-ray Creator and directly drag PS3_GAME folder and PS3_DISC.SFB file (a backup created by MultiMAN) to the root of the compilation.
Then click Target drop-down arrow to choose your recorder drive. Input the BD title by entering the Volume Label. Then select writing speed, the number of burning copies and the target disc size(BD25, BD50).
You can select subtitles and audio tracks from source video. Moreover, select output disc type on the bottom of the program from DVD-5, DVD-9, BD-25 and BD-50 options. Set the aspect ratio from 16:9 and 4:3. Set the output quality in “Fit to disc” box. And you can see the detailed space required for Blu-ray burning.
Click the big green "Burn" button on the top-right corner to enter the Burning Setting panel, where you can figure out the detailed burning settings.
Select video game files, click the "Create" button, then PS3 game to Blu ray disc burning progress begin.
When the burn is done, turn on your PS3 and go to the package file and install the PKG file.
Now insert the burned disc into your PS3 tray, then launch the game from the newly appeared icon
OK! That’s all! You’ll find this solution is very easy for you to copy, backup and burn PS3 game to Blu-ray disc.