How to Backup PS3 Games to Hard Drive?
Looking for a way to backup your classic PS3 games to hard drive or discs without fear of them getting damaged? Here’s the perfect solution for Sony PlayStation users.
As a video game player, you must spend countless hours on each game, working hard to unlock new characters, new game play arenas, or upgrading their characters. In order to keep your precious games safe from being damaged or scratched, you desire to learn the the solution to backup your PS3 games and create perfect 1:1 copies of your game discs.
Then in this article we will introduce you a useful and proactive solution to backup PS3 games with 1:1 quality.
MultiMan Backup Manager for PlayStation 3 is one of the most actively developed homebrew packages at the moment on the PlayStation scene and from the amount of features it has, there has obviously been a lot of work that has gone into creating this handy application.
The main features of running actual backups are as follows:
- Backup and Copy PlayStation Games, Delete game backups from your hard drive (external or internal).
- Rename PlayStation Games
- Download available updates for backed up games
- Test the files associated with backed up games and apply/re-apply permissions to games which the user has backed up making sure they run smoothly (this has been a feature we’ve used often between testing various backup managers).
Those are the main functions of backing up stuff, but some other very useful features for actually successfully loading game backups are the booting options: Blu-Ray Mirror/BD Mirror, Direct Boot, External or Internal copy or Game Disc.
For backing up PS3 games to hard drive of your computer, you should prepare the following stuff.
- MultiMAN – Copy and backup PlayStation games to your computer hard drive.
- Your original PS3 gaming disc
How to Copy PS3 Games to External Hard Drive with MultiMAN?
Make sure you have the latest MultiMAN (v04.78.03) installed or else will receive a bunch of errors or a black screen when booting. Also, make sure there are no other USB drives plugged in. Only your external. Or the game will not boot.
Have a working MultiMAN setup, congratulations! Now that everything works you can backup your first game. You can either use your PS3’s internal hard drive or an external USB hard drive formatted as FAT32.
- Start multiMAN (under game), insert the original PS3 game disc into the PS3.
- Select the game in multiMAN and press triangle and select Backup/Copy.
- Create a backup of the game to:
– If game contains files bigger than the FAT32 limite (4GB) -> Internal hard drive
– If game doesn’t contain files bigger than 4GB -> internal or external
- Transfer the backup copy to your PC (if game contains 4GB+ files you may have to use FTP)
It will ask you if you want to backup your game to the internal hard drive first (if you want to backup your game on the internal hard drive press yes) if not select no and it will ask you to backup the game on the external hard drive, press yes.
Note: At this point you should have the PS3 game backup on your PC with all files 1:1 (no split files!)
You can go ahead and try to back up PS3 games with MultiMAN. This method is tested by many PS3 game player to proved it worked.. It actually make games backing up work down in an easy way.